- People have an inherent dislike of work and will avoid it.
- People need to be coerced, controlled, directed and threatened.
- Humans prefer direction, avoid responsibility, want security.
- Expenditure of energy in work is as natural as play.
- External control and threats are not the only means to guide.
- Commitment to objectives is a function of rewards (ego also).
- People learn to not only accept but seek responsibility.
- Imagination, ingenuity, creativity are widely distributed.
As you view these concepts we encourage you to share your thoughts. You can get in touch with Gabor George Burt, leading expert on Blue Ocean Strategy and Value Innovation, via the email address above.
- Which of the concepts do you see reflected in Blue Ocean Strategy, and in what way?
- Which of the concepts have you applied in your company and with what results?
- Submit your own One Minute Summary. Our list is by no means definitive. What concepts do you NOT see on our Best Of list, which you think deserve a place, and why?